Background Image for Header:
Over the next few years at WVU Potomac State College, you will grow and change with help from the people you will meet and because of our campus culture. Because we take every part of your college experience seriously, we have several programs to helps our students live the safest, healthiest lives possible. We expect all new students to complete two science-based online programs: AlcoholEDU for College and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates.
In addition, we encourage parents to talk to their students about these important topics. These conversations have the potential to positively shape student decision making in these areas now and for years forward.
AlcoholEDU for College
Whether or not you consume alcohol, AlcoholEDU for College will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of peers.
AlcoholEDU has two (2) parts and incorporates the latest evidence-based prevention methods to create a highly engaging user experience. This online course is used by more than 500 campuses and by 36% of all first-year students as American’s four-year higher education institutions, and is the only program proven to reduce negative alcohol-related behavior.
Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates
Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates is geared toward helping create a safe environment for you and other students by focusing on Title IX and sexual violence education. This online course combines cutting-edge instructional design and rich media to educate students about healthy relationships, the importance of consent, and the role of bystander intervention.
In the course you will examine the connected issues of hooking up, substance abuse, sexual violence, and health relationships through a variety of interactive, realistic scenarios and guided self-reflection.
Please read the following very carefully:
- You MUST use your MIX account to access these trainings. Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will then submit your username and a password. Your username is your WVU MyID credentials-the same one you use to access your MIX email account
- If you have not activated your WVU Login, please go to https://login.wvu.edu/ and click on Claim Account
- Both online trainings are due by September 1, 2019. Once you complete Part 1 of Alcohol EDU, you will receive an email 45 days after your completion date to finish AlcoholEDU Part 2. Failure to complete both parts will result in a $50 charge to your student account.
- If you have any technical problems with logging into the EverFi system using your WVU/PSC ID credentials, please contact WVU’s Information Technology Service Help Desk at 304-293-4444 or by email at ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu
- If you experience any other technical problems within the course, EverFi support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course or by calling 866-384-9062
Dates and Details - 2019
· Sunday September 1st – Part 1 is due.
· 45 days after you complete part 1, you will receive an email stating that part 2 is available.
· Part 2 will be due by .
Sexual Assault Prevention
·Sunday 1 – Part 1 is due
· Part 2 will be due by the end of September.