Background Image for Header:
Commuter students are integral members of the Potomac State College community.
· Commuter students are encouraged to purchase a Commuter Dining Plan and to eat in the Rapids (ala carte option) or Commons (all-u-care-to-eat option) located in University Place. Nine different meal plans are available to commuter students. Dining on campus sure beats fast food or a packed lunch in your vehicle. Check out some of our campus dining options.
· Students who commute also have access to the Student Health Center, Counseling Services, the Academic Success Center, the exercise room in University Place, the Recreation Center at the J. Edward Kelley Complex (weight equipment, bikes, and kayaks, etc.), the Library, and computer labs throughout campus.
· Commuter students are invited to participate in the evening activities on campus such as Catamount Gamers Night, Pinterest Night, Thursday Night Fun Night, etc., including the snack foods and beverages provided. Please be sure to bring your College ID as you will need it to gain entry.
· Intramural programs aren’t just for residence hall students. Commuters are encouraged to participate in intramurals. An array of activities will be offered throughout the year.
· Trips are planned for all students and information sent to your MIX account.
Relax, You’ve Got This
· The Student Union is the place to be and is set up to be conducive to relaxing, visiting, and studying with friends. A computer lab area is conveniently located in the Loft area, a microwave, soft drinks and a vending machine, ATM, WiFi, and a large screen TV to provide the little extras students won’t find sitting in their cars. The Underground (lower level) is a place to hang out, play pool, and ping pong. The Union opens early and stays open late throughout the week and on weekends.
· The best way for commuters to stay connected to what is happening at Potomac State is probably through the College Web site Calendar . It is also important that commuter students check their student MiX email daily as campus announcements and other important information is communicated to students through the WVU Portal. Last, but certainly not least, just ask. Feel free to visit the Student Experience Office located in room 104 of the Administration Building or to contact them by telephone at (304)788-6842 or email PSC-StudentLife@mail.wvu.edu to learn more about student life at WVU Potomac State College.
· NEW-Students attending the Commuter Connection have an opportunity for their name to be drawn for the Free Commuter Parking Spot each month. Students must have purchased a parking pass in order to receive a raffle ticket at the Commuter Connection each month.
· NEW – The Esports program is looking for 12-15 students to join the team for the inaugural season in fall 2019.