Background Image for Header:
What to Bring
What to Bring
Items which you are permitted to have include the following:
- Alarm Clock
- Bed and Bath Linens
- Clothes Hangers
- Desk Lamp
- Gaming System
- Grooming Items
- Laundry Bag/Hamper
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes/Sandals
- Power Strip (must have on/off switch and be UL [Underwriters Laboratory] approved)
The following items ARE NOT PERMITTED in rooms:
For fire and other safety considerations, the following items are not permitted in student rooms. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the item being confiscated and will be considered a student conduct/disciplinary matter.
- Push pins, nails, wall hanging devices that put holes in the walls
- Free weights over 20 pounds total
- Electric devices such as hot plate, cup heater, toasters and ovens, popcorn popper, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, electric grills, air fryers, portable heaters, sandwich makers, crock pots, etc.
- Alcohol, drugs, paraphernalia, and empty alcohol containers
- Microwaves- see note below
- Any open-flame object (e.g., candles or incense), candle/wax warmers, or scented plug-ins (e.g., Glade Plug-Ins)
- Gasoline, lighter fluid, charcoal grills or any combustible, explosive, or flammable material
- Pets of any kind
- Plug Ins for scented oils (e.g., Glade or Air Wick plug ins)
- Halogen lamps
- Supplies used to stack or loft beds, with the exception of plastic risers which may be purchased at mass retailers; these may not exceed six inches in height
- Paintball, BB, or pellet guns
- Wireless routers (routers are permitted if the wireless feature is disabled—see ResNet policies).
- Extension cords or multi-receptacle outlets (UL listed power strips with surge protectors are permitted)
- Motor bikes, Segways, Hoverboards, etc.
- Decorations attached to light fixtures, sprinklers, smoke detectors, etc.
- Any item hung outside the window
- Dry erase boards/message boards (only allowed inside the room, not on the door)
- Use of subwoofers, drums and amplified instruments (e.g., electric guitars) is not permitted, but these items may be stored in a student’s room provided such equipment does not disrupt the residential community (items may be confiscated if they present a disruption to the residential community)
This list is not comprehensive. Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to ask students to remove items that are considered unsafe or disruptive.
You may bring your own mini refrigerator as long as it does not exceed (10 amps, maximum size of 3.2 cubic feet). Microwave/refrigerator combination units may be rented from My MicroFridge . For more MicroFridge information and how to order please visit www.mymicrofridge.com. If you order your unit prior to August 1st, it will be in your room when you arrive. Orders placed after August 1st, will be delivered after the start of the semester.
WVU Potomac State College Residence Hall Linens Program
WVU Potomac State College has been offering the Residence Hall Linens program since
1993. Students at Potomac State College of WVU require specially-sized sheets,
mattress pads and comforters to fit campus mattresses. These beds, which are longer
than 76 inches, are intended to maximize student comfort.
For your convenience, we have partnered with Dormify to provide an easy, affordable way to purchase Twin XL bedding, dorm storage solutions, and everything else you'll need (and want) for your new home away from home. Please visit potomacstatecollege.dormroom.com to get move-in day ready and create your dream dorm!
Guarantee Your First Choice Today!
We recommend that parents and students respond early, in order to have the widest selection of college bedding to choose from. Doing so will guarantee your first choice color or pattern and help you make great progress on your college shopping checklist.