Background Image for Header:
Text Alert Systems
PSC Emergency Alert System
Potomac State can now send urgent news to your cell phone. To sign-up for Potomac State Emergency Alert please go to the following link and fill out the registration form: http://alert.potomacstatecollege.edu/
If you experience any problems you can call the ITS Help Desk at (304) 293-4444 or email them at ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu .
PSC Housing & Residence Life Updates
Students also have the option to receive updates and information directly from the Office of Housing & Residence Life. We will send alerts when school is closed due to inclement weather or if there is an emergency on campus. To sign up for these Housing updates, text @pscres to 81010. You may unsubscribe at any time by texting “unsubscribe @pscre” to the same phone number.
You may also receive Housing & Residence Life messages via email by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note: There may be a fee from your carrier associated with sending and receiving text messages, but PSC does not charge for this service.
The Housing & Residence Life Update system is completely separate from the University wide “PSC Emergency Alert” system.
Sending & Receiving Mail
U.S. mail is delivered directly to the Student Union Monday through Friday and is placed in student mailboxes daily. If you receive a package, you will be notified by a delivery slip being placed in your mailbox. Packages may be picked up at the times posted on the Mail Room door. Mail may be picked up from mailboxes at any time, but packages may only be picked up when the mail room is staffed during the posted hours.
Mail from College offices is collected from and distributed to the Student Union, including residence halls, postage free. You should receive your mail without delay if it is addressed as follows:
Student Name105 Fort AvenuePSC Box # ____Keyser, WV 26726
WVU provides all students living in dorms an incredible HD cable tv content package. To make sure you can take advantage of this fantastic service, keep these things in mind for move-in:
- To enjoy HD cable television in your residential rooms, you must have an HD tv with a digital tuner either built in or as a separate unit.
- Not all HD tvs have a built in digital tuner, and some older ones that do won’t work with the newest cable systems.
- Old-style CRT (tube) tvs will not work with these new digital HD services.
- If your tv does not have a digital tuner built in, or is an older model that is not compatible with the system used by WVU, we recommend two options: the ChannelMaster CM-7003 (available at Walmart and Amazon) or Pico Digital HD 2 (available online from multiple vendors).
- Make sure to bring a coax cable if you have to purchase the standalone digital tuner. We provide one coax cable to each student, but you need an extra one to connect a standalone tuner to your tv.
If you run in to any problems, such as loss of service or channel availability, contact College Cable Services at 1-888-467-9004
For more detailed instructions and information, please visit: