Background Image for Header:
All are welcome.
Potomac State College of West Virginia University is a welcoming space to all. LGBTQIA+ and allies are welcome to stop by the LGBTQ Center in Reynolds Hall anytime. We have a lounge, kitchen, trans* closet, and more!
Get involved with our Spectrum student organization today! Fall 2023 meetings occur biweekly, and will be in the LGBTQ Center on the following dates from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. For more information, see the Fall 2023 Spectrum Flyer.
Spectrum Meeting Dates
- August 30, 2023
- September 13, 2023
- September 27, 2023
- October 11, 2023
- October 25, 2023
- November 8, 2023
- November 15, 2023
- December 6, 2023
Learn and Have Fun
Regular events are held throughout the semester. Previous events hosted by Spectrum include: Trans* Panel, Safe Zone trainings, Ally Training, and more!
All gender identities are invited to take advantage of our LGBTQ Center Trans* Closet. The Trans* Closet wishes to provide support and resources for all trans* students from any gender identity. All items come with a variety of color and size options for inclusivity. If there is something you need, please contact the LGBTQ Center and we will work with you to get you the resources needed.
- Binders (available in S/M/L/XL/XXL)
- Boxers, Panties (available in L/XL/XXL)
- Pads, Bra inserts
- Make-Up and supplies
- Nail polish
- Razors and shaving cream
- Tampons and period cups
For personal items, we suggest the following websites:
- Phluid Project
- Stuzo Clothing
Fall 2023 Events
Check out our upcoming fall events!
- October 11 – Coming Out Day movie in the UP Theatre, 6:30 p.m.
- October 11 – Coming Out Day Pop Up, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- October 25 - Domestic Violence presentation by Trina Runner during Spectrum Meeting at 5:00 p.m. in the LGBTQ Center
- October 28 – Drag Show trip to the Deep End in Frostburg, MD. For registration, please contact Jessie O’Quinn.
- November 15 – What is Drag? Drag in Appalachia presentation by Jessie O’Quinn and Heidi Gardner of Cumberland Pride, 7:00 p.m.
- November 16 – Trans* Day of Remembrance Candlelight Vigil, 7:00 p.m.
- November 16 – Pop- Up on the Quad for Trans* Awareness, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.