Skip to main content

Background Image for Header:

Immunization Requirements

To ensure the health and safety of our campus, immunization against communicable diseases is extremely important. The following vaccinations are required of all first-time freshmen and all transfer students:

  • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) (Two doses)
  • Meningococcal Vaccine- (If under the age of 21, received within last 5 years)
  • Polio (Three doses)
  • Tetanus (Td or TDap) received within the last 10 years
  • Hepatitis B (Three doses)

Documentation of these immunizations must be submitted online prior to the first day of class of your first semester at WVU/Potomac State College. Students have to login with their WVU ID credentials in order to view and complete the questionnaire. If you have not activated your WVU Login, please go to  Student Self Service   and click on Claim Account.

If you have any technical problems logging into the Immunization Form using your WVU ID credentials, please contact WVU’s Information Technology Service Help Desk at 304-293-4444 or by email at .

Additionally, the following immunizations are recommended prior to enrollment at WVU:

  • Varicella vaccine (chicken pox)
  • Tuberculosis screening
  • HEPATITIS A vaccine or combined HEPATITIS A&B vaccine
  • Annual Influenza vaccines
  • Pneumovax, if indicated
  • HPV series – Gardasil (for females and males)

Questions about any of the vaccinations and how they may be obtained should be addressed to the PSC Student Health Center at (304) 788-6913. Please note, the Student Health Center is not open from June 1 to July 31.

Acquiring Record of Prior Immunizations

Recommendations of resources for your immunization records:

Physician’s Office: Your pediatrician, doctor, or county health department may be able to provide you with a copy of your immunization records.

High School: Check with your high school. A copy of your immunization records would have been required prior to entrance.

Prior University/College: If you attended another university or college, contact the institution for a copy of your immunization record.

Military: If you were or are in the military, contact that military branch for a copy of your immunization record.